About/Contact craigperrier19@gmail.com

Hi and thanks for visiting. I currently live in Arlington,VA where I serve as the High School Social Studies Specialist for Fairfax County Public Schools.  Previously, I was the PK-12 Social Studies Coordinator for the Department of Defense Dependent Schools.  I was also a teacher at American Schools in Brazil for six years and for six years in public schools around MA. After leaving the classroom, I was the Coordinator for Curriculum and Instruction for Social Studies and History at Virtual High School (VHS). I recently completed my Masters in Global History at Northeastern University where I am also an adjunct in their College of Professional Studies.

I have worked as a consultant and curriculum developer for the Massachusetts Historical Society, Cengage, M.E. Sharpe, Teachers 21, Class Measures, the Foreign Policy Research Institute, and iEARN.

My goals include:

a) Innovate social studies education

b) Train teachers and future educators in dynamic professional development

c) Utilize technology in social studies education, instructional design, and assessment

d) Build a network of educators interested in providing the best educational experiences for their students

e) Contribute to the discussion and development of social studies literacies and skills in the Common Core State Standards

Overall, I am determined to become an influential thought leader in education.

I look forward to your insights and comments.

16 thoughts on “About/Contact craigperrier19@gmail.com

1. Thank you for developing this useful site for history educators. I enjoyed your first post on “history buffs.”

2. Dear Craig,
    Thanks for maintaining this website. It is very rich and helpful. I appreciate your initiative and leadership in the DAT Workshop and look forward to meeting you in April. I, too, teach Social Studies and focus on engaging students in civic discourse. I feel I have a lot to learn from you. Best, Louise Kowitch DAT 2010-11 India

3. Thank you for featuring Global Teacher Education on your blog! Please visit us often.

4. Pingback: Status Update—“Time to consider better ways of connecting teachers and community partners through online communities” | Beyond Textbooks-Communities of History Education

5. Yes, the “Why” in education !!!
    Challenging our global thinking students everyday.
    Thanks for hooking me up to LinkedIn.
    Looking forward to finally meeting you this year.
    Nathaniel White

6. Hello!

What a great blog you have! Would you consider working with eliademy.com, Europe’s leading massive online course provider.

Looking forward to your kind response.

7. I am seeking permission to use or reproduce the diagram showing the old and new version of Bloom’s taxonomy in the 11th edition of Fundamental Nursing Skills and Concepts published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Can you tell me who I can contact for permission that appeared in an article hosted by Craig Perrier: Being savvy about global competence: An interview with Jennifer Lofing.

8. Hi, We found your blog after searching on search engine and getting interested to your blog content quality. We want to share related post for your blog if you interested in free or paid.